Friday 26 December 2014

I saw this article entitle "Why did you leave me behind" and thought I would share ....




Dear Mummy and Daddy,




I know you have not heard from me in a long time. I was really waiting to hear back from you. I thought you were sick. Every time I asked grandma she tells me stop bothering her. She says that you guys are up there for a reason. Anyway I am sending my clothes and show size because the last time you guys sent a barrel everything was too small. You would be surprised when you guys see me. I got so big. I even need a bra now. Do you guys remember what I look like? When grandma was in the hospital I had to learn to cook. It was not too hard because I have ben raising myself for a long time. Anyway, please write me soon and if not send me something for the New Year.


Your loving daughter,


Carol.

This is just another example of many children who have been left behind by their parents and are cared for by extended family members. Parents leave with the aspiration of seeking better lives for themselves and their children but in the end, all parties are left in pain and this child Carol is just one example of how many are hurting.
STOP D ABUSE is here to help and offer help for those who feel Angry at your parents who left you behind.
You may feel Guilty and Lonely and Abandoned.


As mentioned earlier, we offer the following services free of charge, and they are as follows:


1. Outreach programmes.
This is geared towards members of the public who may feel they need professional assistance in dealing with any form of abuse or hurt they have or are presently experiencing. This is done on a volunteer basis.


2. Counselling sessions.
STOP D ABUSE will also refer persons to professional counsellors when the need arises.  


3.Support networking.
This is a means for supporting each other overcome their past and embrace the wonderful future that awaits them.


4. Training.
This is geared towards teaching persons basic skills to empower them to return to the job market, enhance their skills or if necessary train and develop their natural skills to face the job market which will enable them to be financially dependent.


4. Spiritual training/impartation.
I am of the firm view that we are not here by mistake but we have a divine plan and purpose on planet earth. To know what is that purpose/plan we need to spend that quality time with the maker of heaven and earth….Jesus Christ.

2 comments:

  1. Doing your duty as a Parent, providing for your children's needs, it must be remembered that a child I an entire human being whose needs are not limited to finances and material things. they just like adults have emotional need social and spiritual needs. children need to be introduced to their identity. this ought not to be left to the TV, brand name clothing, magazines, gangs. belonging to a family unit where attention is paid to all the needs of the child is a good way to start.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love and attention is more important to a child's well being than material things

    ReplyDelete