Wednesday 31 December 2014


The Enemy Within



 

I live with it. I sleep with it. I eat with it. I work with it. I cuddle and caress it and rarely do I confront it…..that is the enemy within me.

The enemy within me stays silent because it does not want to be exposed, it does not want to be embarrassed. It has been hurt so many times that it remains dormant; an aspect resurfaces when a scenario of similar nature presents itself.

The lies created in the sceptic places of my heart. The lies spewed about me that seem to bombard my mind. Each an intentional gesture whose goal is to distract me and permit me to feed the hurt and not embrace the road to complete healing from ….the enemy within.

As I wanted to embrace this freedom, the enemy within told me “NO, you are wasting time, you will be hurt again, this is just a façade, it will not work out, and this feeling is just an opium…..”and the lists goes on and on.

One day as the thoughts continued to bombard me, and it seemed like the enemy within would have won the battle again, I gained inner strength through reading the Bible and inspirational quotes, all which convinced me that I could have been whole once more and overcome this enemy within. Living a life prescribed by God-Himself may never bring you great acclaim. You may never see your name in lights or be recognized for the difference that you have made but know this:

  • You are special
  • You will be whole again
  • This hurt will not last forever
  • You are worthy of LOVE
  • You are a strong person
  • God is your source

Similarly, you may have gone through a very traumatic or hurtful experience and the enemy within screams at you and says you can’t overcome and be whole again but my encouragement to you is yes you can overcome and be whole once more. Each scar that exists in our life tells a story, every tear bears witness and God has heard and will respond according to His likeness.

 

2 Corinthians 1:20-22 “For no matter how many promises God has made, they are “YES” in Christ. And through Him the “Amen” is spoken by us to the Glory of God. Now it is God who makes both us and you stand firm in Christ. He anointed us, set His seal of ownership on us, and put His Spirit in our hearts as a deposit, guaranteeing what is to come.”

1 comment:

  1. We often surrendered our dreams to feel a sense of comfort. Crafting limited beliefs and shielded shielding from love and happiness by refusing to put ourselves out there. Then we wonder why life was so miserable

    ReplyDelete